• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real estate after probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bellyshaker

i live in oregon. My dad passed away in august and our probate period is over in a few days. my dad left the house to both my brother and myself with the stipulation that I would live in it, take care of it, pay the rest of the mortgage, taxes,etc. it will be put in my name so that my brother will not be liable, as he is trying to purchase his own property. my fathers property was to be left for me to live in due to me taking care of him prior to his passing. the property is to never be sold but to be kept in the family, thus being left to both my brother and myself. my question....... how do we go about putting the property and mortgage in my name after the probate period is over?
I have NO IDEA.
thanks,
bellyshaker

A

Adak

Realestate after Probate

Bellyshaker
This post is for the lady from Oregon. I am just an ordinary person that does not know much about the law but you might want to ask someone if you should get a Letter Testimentary upon the finalization of Probate. This document is used to sell or transfer Property and other assest. You and do this yourself. Just take in an "Application for Letter Testimentary". I hope I have not mislead you. So please ask some more questions

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">