• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Real Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

raimson

What is the name of your state? Califonria

My mother died in early 1998. Shortly after her death, my father transfered two properties into a living trust and did the paperwork to take my mom off of the properties and then transfer them into the trust.

One property transfered ok but the other one was rejected by the county recorder office for a reason that I do not remember. The property still lies in my parents name, but I have a document that shows the intent was to transfer it into a trust.

Does anyone have what I would need to request a judge to transfer it into the trust like what was orginally intended?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

P

Pfaffing85690

No, because we don't know why it was rejected in the first place.

R

raimson

What I can remember I think it was for a typo on the documents.

P

Pfaffing85690

Thinking isn't going to do anything for you. You need to return to the county recorder's office where this occurred WITH the deed to the property and ask why it was rejected.

Again, we don't have a copy of the deed nor can we speak with the recorder's office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">