• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this real or scam?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Iliana MQ Felix

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona.
My questions is I have a friend from the internet that she lives in Canada,she's very old and ill, and she has decided to name me her only beneficiary of her money that she has in an account from the United Kingdom and she has beged me to use that money for charity, and from that money I'll keep 5%. Now she has sent me a letter of appointment as beneficiary from the department of justice of Canada and wants me to sign it, what should I do to not get in trouble? I'll bewaiting for you response. Thank you.

anteater

...friend from the internet...
...money that she has in an account from the United Kingdom...
...letter of appointment as beneficiary from the department of justice of Canada...
Unless someone with knowledge of Canada comes by and confirms that the Canadian government involves itself in beneficiary designations, I vote:

SCAM

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona.
My questions is I have a friend from the internet that she lives in Canada,she's very old and ill, and she has decided to name me her only beneficiary of her money that she has in an account from the United Kingdom and she has beged me to use that money for charity, and from that money I'll keep 5%. Now she has sent me a letter of appointment as beneficiary from the department of justice of Canada and wants me to sign it, what should I do to not get in trouble? I'll bewaiting for you response. Thank you.
What she will do is send you a bank check for a bazillion dollars, and ask you to send the money (minus your 5%) to the charity of her choice via western union, but instead of wiring the money to The United Way, you'll wire it to John Smith. John Smith can walk into any Western Union in the world and pick up the cash.

In a few weeks you'll get a notice from your bank stating that the check you deposited was forged/stolen/drawn on a non-existent bank, and they will withdraw the funds from your account. You've already send it off via unrecoverable Western Union, but you still owe the bank 95% of a bazillion dollars.

DON'T DO IT!

>Charlotte<

Lurker
Or she'll say she's got the money all ready to go to you, but she needs to be reimbursed by you for some kind of banking fee to get it into your U.S. account.

Or any one of a thousand other reasons she'll say she needs money from you.

She's not a she, by the way.

Dandy Don

Is this someone that you know personally? Ask her to send you a copy of her will that has been signed by witnesses and notarized. Don't hold your breath waiting.

curb1

Does this "old, very ill" lady know that rich friend of mine in Nigeria who has been so kind to want to send me $20 million?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">