• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reasonable Executor Fee in Arizona

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jrubin

What would be a reasonable executor fee in Arizona? My father left his house (and no money) to his cousin and me (50/50). He made her the executrix of the will. I am sure that she is going to ask for a fee for being the executrix.

Arizona law states that she may charge a "reasonable" fee. What would be considered reasonable?

Judy

anteater

I don't think that anybody here would be familiar enough with Arizona to advise you on what the AZ courts consider reasonable.

My guess is that 4% - 5% of the estate value if under, say, $200,000 would be considered reasonable. With the % decreasing as the estate value increases.

You could try asking the clerk of the court. Or asking a couple AZ probate attorneys.

curb1

A "reasonable fee" would compensate your cousin for time spent working as executor.

The situation sounds very simple and a "reasonable fee" should not be very much. What are the plans for the house? Sell at market value, or one of you buying out the other, or what?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">