• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reasonable fee for FL successor trustee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wsgf822

What is the name of your state? FL

I am the sole successor trustee for my mother's revocable trust. I have been working full-time to settle my mother's estate. It is complicated by my living in CA and being responsible for valuing and maintaining her two homes in NY and FL. She also lost her husband 5 mo. prior to her death, and his estate needs to be settled before her estate can. It was a second marriage for both, (each have children) and her share of his estate may be subject to probate. We are trying to avoid this.

My husband and I were happy to take care of my mother all during her lifetime, and also to execute her trust. I do not get any help or support from my siblings. I want to take the maximum fee allowable because I feel it's a complicated estate and I deserve it. Additionally, we may be facing estate tax and the higher my fee the less estate tax exposure.

I also read that in FL if there are 2 executors both can get the full fee rather than split it. Does this also hold true for (revocable) trustee fees in FL?

Thank you for any assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">