• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Receipt, Release and Refund Agreement-PA - REPOST

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PACO1965

Sorry for the re-post but I locked the thread!

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? The document originated in PA but I live in CO

I received a receipt, release and refunding agreement along with a first and final accounting for my aunt's estate. I am the sole beneficiary.

The first and final accounting lists everything and in the section titled NET ESTATE there is a dollar amount listed and in the section titled "Distribution to Beneficiaries" it states IN KIND = n/a and IN CASH n/a

The receipt, release and refunding agreement is standard and one line states " I acknowledge receipt of all funds due to me"

I've asked the executor and the lawer handling the estate what is the amount of all funds due to me and I was verbally told the net amount minus some other expenses for a headstone.

How can I acknowledge receipt of all sums due when there is nothing stating/using my name what I will receive and/or shouldn't the final accounting statement (in the distribution to beneficiaries) or some document specifically state what I am to receive?

I've had previous issues with this whole process and feel like i'm being scammed so any insight is greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Dandy Don

So why haven't you consulted with a local probate attorney about this?

You can go ahead and sign the agreement without fear. After you have received what you are entitled to, if you our your attorney see anything that needs questioning/examining, you can proceed with that process at that time.

PACO1965

Receipt, Release and Refund Agreement PA REPOST

Great question and the answer is...ignorance...I'm not a legal expert and really had no idea of the vast amount of specialties in the field until I attempted to find a lawyer for a separate matter. I would spoken to a probate attorney if I knew that's who I would need to talk to...I searched ads and I couldn't figure out who to speak with based on their specialty description, called a few and they weren't willing to answer a question without making an appointment and charging a fee....so i'm left with the choice of fee or gas money

My job requires me to be very specific with written language on official documents that's why the RRRA and the FFA forms I received didn't pass the "this makes sense" test to me.

I'm not going to pursue any further action because I'm just waiting for this whole process to be done with...In my experience if thier greed drove any improper actions they will more than likely suffer repercussions somehow somewhere down the line

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">