• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refunding Bond and Release

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Search

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

The attorney has the form Refunding Bond and Release which they have
rewritten, it's not the standard format.

So, I have typed up a Stipulation which does not waive my rights.
The Stipulation contains conditions the same conditions but not the waiving of my rights. I will not be responsible for another person's accounting mistakes and give up my right to sue the individual.

Should I also cross out the conditions on the form that the attorney wants me to sign inorder to receive the distribution funds?

Can the attorney hold back my distrubution funds due to the fact that I added a stipulation to the form?

If, no then if it does occur who would I see inorder to register a complaint about this matter?

What tax forms do I need to sign once I receive the distribution funds?

What are my rights as one of the heirs in signing this form?

The attorney also has on the form that my heirs, execturors and administrators are also bound by this obligation. I am not worrying about
how the others heirs are signing their form. But how can someone put the other heirs down on the form that I am signing to be bound by the obligation?

Whatever additional information you can give me please do so before 24hours, I would really appreciate it?

Dandy Don

You have no business drafting documents that may not stand up in court, but the attorney also had no business sending you a rewritten form (how did you know it was rewritten)?

You need to be talking to a local probate attorney to find out the consequences of signing or not signing the form. You will probably have some legal rights preserved no matter what the form he gave you says, but don't sign anything without first discussing it with your attorney.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Search

Dear Mr. Dandy Don,

In the state of New Jersey it is legal to type up your own stipulation to protect your legal rights.

And like you said the attorney who had drafted up a different Refunding Bond and Release was not suppose to put in his own words.

Now here is another question for you where do I get a original copy of the Refunding Bond and Release? :)

Thank you,

Search

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">