• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

removing a name from my title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lauran

My ex husband passed away at the age of 42 without a will. In or divorce decree it states that when our children turn 18 yrs of age we agree to sell the house and split the money. as it stands I and the children live in the home. I own half and he owned half. When he pasted away, he left 80,000.00 dollars in dept to credit card companys, none of which have my name on them. They are depts he made after the divorce. My question is.....can they get my home?? Or is there a way to take hime off the title without going through a lawyer?? No one has opened probate.His family has no intentions of opening probate. What can I do?? PLEASE HELP!! LAURAN ALEXANDER, ARKANSAS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">