• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removing a personal representative

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

soozsong

Can anyone tell me the EXACT steps ie; initial paperwork to file, hearings etc.
to remove a person as a personal representative in Washington State? I've done some research on Washingtons Revised Codes and I know the laws(I think!) I just dont know how to start . Do I file a motion to remove and if so what does that entail, What is the format of the document? Am I asking too much without having to go to law school?!!! Please help. Time is of the essence as I have to travel in about a week and a half. THANKS

A

advisor10

AUG. 14, 2001

DEAR SOOZSONG:

You really do need to consult with a probate attorney in the city/county where you intend to have the motion filed. It seems as if you are trying to save money by trying to do everything yourself, but you will end up costing yourself more if your paperwork is not in order or you don't use the proper form. It should just be a simple matter of filing the correct form initially, but you may need professional advice on what argument to present at the hearing or what legally constitutes sufficient grounds for having this person removed as executor, which reason you didn't happen to mention in your explanation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">