• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request an accounting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chicory

What is the name of your state? MN
What is the correct procedure to request an accounting of a living trust the estate has been in probate since August 2006. Is this something that will require the services of an attorney or is it that can be accomplished on my own and if I can do it on my own what steps would I need to take? I am one of the beneficiaries and the PR is not really very communicative although he started out the process being very open and honest but recently has gone quiet on us.

Last edited:

Dandy Don

Is there no will?

Were you notified of the dates of any probate court hearings for this estate?

Talk to a local attorney to find out if there is a way for you to request that an executor's bond be posted to protect the financial interest of the beneficiaries from theft and also find out if your state has laws against abuse of power of attorney (IF a power of attorney was granted to the PR before the death occurred).

It is a bit too soon to be asking for an accounting of the trust, since the trustee is currently in the process of managing it and will be offended if you are asking questions about matters that are not fully resolved yet.

The trust is separate from the probate matter and they are handled independently of each other.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">