• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

revocable living trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DEL

I live in NY and my husband and I have a revocable living trust. Can we ammend this trust our selves, (add real estate,stock, cars, bankaccounts etc ) things like this , and how do we do it.

ALawyer

The trust itself provides a mechanism in it for amendments and that must be followed. That's exactly how you do it.

To add property such as shares is relatively simple as that does not require an amendment as such, just an add on; adding real estate is a lot more complex.

The problem with self-amendment is that it is VERY easy to make a mistake and foul up the terms of the trust. If you draft it and pass it by the lawyer that helped you set it up, you'd be better off. And safe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">