• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revocable Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania.
1. When one wants to revoke a prior will and revocable trust, can one do so by inserting this language into the first page of the new will?

2 . Does the word "codicil" limited to wills only or does it also cover trusts when revoking?

Dandy Don

The fact that the new will exists automatically revokes/cancels the old one.

Please make sure you consult an attorney to get the newer will written properly so that your heirs won't have to spend money on attorney fees trying to figure out what your intentions are.

Let me rephrase my question. Is a trust considered a codicil? I ask because usually at the first paragraph of a will, the author states he/she revokes any prior wills and codicils. Is my understanding correct that a Trust adds to a Will; it does not change it. I believe a codicil is an instrument that changes a will. I want to be careful here because a Will does not have to be registered in my state, but a Trust does when real estate is included. So I want to be sure the correct wording is used when I revoke both either in the Will or separatly in each. So in the paragraph of the Will where it says "I revoke" can I add the words revocable agreement of trust after "codicil"

I already spoke briefly through e-mail with one attorney and said I would be willing to pay $600.00 to re-do both Will and Trust. Nothing so far is definate and I may decide to purchase software and do both myself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">