• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revocable trust requests by insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ginal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida - Citizens Insurance wants copy of my personal revocable trust to insure house. House is not owned by trust. What pages of trust am I obliged to send to insurance or anyone requesting a copy of trust? Is lst page of signatures enough?

curb1

What is their reason for wanting a copy of your trust if house is not titled in the trust? Different institutions sometimes have their own requirements for what they need. Generally it is not the whole trust.

selhars

Also, how'd they even know who had a trust.
It's been years since I had a house insured but I don't recall being asked that. Is it a standard question on insurance application documents or something?

lester12345

I too have a Revocable Living Trust. In addition to the rather lengthy document, I also have a document called "Certificate of Revocable Living Trust". This is a "short form" which is used for giving to someone wanting a copy of the Trust.

If the house is not titled in the name of the Trust, the insurance co. should not need any info on the Trust. However, I have titled my house in the name of the Trust to preclude the eventual cost of probating the house. I am still able to get the homestead exemption.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">