• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights on the property you own.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Daniel Woods

Hello my name is Daniel im from calif. My mother died a year ago and in her will she gave the house to us three kids,Her husband witch is my step dad in the will she said he could live in the house as long as he wants,What i want to know is do i have any right to say what goes on at the property.I live in a apartment and have a motorhome and dune buggy trailer i need to park somewhere, I asked him to park it at the house i own and he said no. can i take it over there and park it there or is that wrong? Please help Thanks DANIEL

For Daniel-Property rights

Is the home titled in you and your siblings names? Is it titled to a trust? I would imagine if it is titled in you and your siblings names you could park anything you want there (I'm not an attorney) --If it is titled to a trust, ask the trustee first--If you don't like the trustee's answer then I would check with an attorney. Hope this sheds some light on the situation--By the way, who is paying the taxes on the property? You and your siblings or the person living there? If there is still a mortgage, who is paying that?

D

Daniel Woods

payed off

The house is in our names and the house is clear,in the will she said that he was to pay the taxes and keep the house in good shape

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">