• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Running out of time!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rubettee

my mother passed away on the 20th of feb. my brother is listed as the p/r of the estate(with me to take over if he decides not to do it) which he has.i have the probate papers and don't know which ones i need to fill out.i can't afford an attonery as i haven't worked for 9+years because i was taking care of our mother. is there anywhere or anyone that can help me? thank you

A

advisor10

3-16-2002

RUBETTEE:

What is the value of your mother's estate? You really should have the advice of a probate attorney. If you tell them how much your mother's estate is worth, they may be willing to forego payment until work on the estate is finished. And if you also explain your personal circumstances, they would be more inclined to be sympathetic to your cause and might even do it for free or at a reduced rate.

SINCERELY,

advisor

R

Rubettee

Advisor,
the value of mom's estate is a minus because there is a mortgage on the house.

S

Stoli

Check your local library or law library. I found lots of useful info there. It doesn't hurt to look at your states laws on the subject. You should be able to veiw them online. Or at your library.

A

advisor10

3-18-2002

There may not be a need for probate until the house is paid off in full. Until that time, the mortgage company owns the house. IF there are other assets in the estate, you may need to go to probate.

If the house is eventually paid off, you will need to get the title transferred to the names of the new owners/heirs.

R

Rubettee

:D Thank you one and all for all your help. I have been able to find a lawyer that will handleit all for me with a defered payment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">