• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Safety deposit box

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

iceal

State of Wisconsin
Mother passed away, She left a will,named my sister and my self as only benif. Nothing goes through probate. However,she had a safety deposit box only in her name. The bank is telling us we need a Domillary letter, our lawyer is telling us we need a afidavid of transfer. We are pretty sure the box is empty. Can you help??? Alice

[Edited by iceal on 05-22-2001 at 11:48 AM]

L

loku

I would suggest you take your lawyer’s advice. Ask him/her how to get the affidavit you need. Also, if you get the letter the bank told you about (I think “Domillary” is a typo, so I don’t know what letter you mean), they will allow you to open the box. Ask your lawyer which is the easiest and cheapest way to go.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">