• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seeing a will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Georgia21

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia How do I see our Mother's will,when my sister,who is the executrix, won't let us see it? She claims she is still looking for missing personal items,and sent me a text message that she would not probate the will..i have asked her several times and she says she is still looking for these items, and when she finds them she will give me and my 3 other siblings a copy of the will and any property,if any we were willed..Is there a certain time frame when I can't see it or does she know something about not having to let us see the will.?? i JUST FIGURED BECAUSE SHE WAS ALL OF OUR'S MOTHER ,SHE WOULD GET US A COPY OF THE WILL..cAN YOU GIVE ME SOME ADVISE..i DO NOT HAVE THE FUNDS TO HIRE A LONG DRAWN OUT COURT CASE...cAN i GO TO OUR LOCAL PROBATE JUDGE AND START FROM THERE?? Any help would be appreciated ...Oh, by the way, this has been going on for almost 1 year!!!!

rowz

As a child of the deceased, you have a right, in the absence of a will, to open probate. Go to the Courthouse in the County your Mom resided in and open probate.

This will not cost you alot of $ and will annoy the bad sister so, that she will most likely object to your being appointed Executrix, and then produce the will in question.

At that point if there isa problem with her and her actioins you can get an attty. to represent your inttereests.

Good luck.

P.S.
Google Probate Process in GA and get the info needed to do so.

rowz

As a child of the deceased, you have a right, in the absence of a will, to open probate. Go to the Courthouse in the County your Mom resided in and open probate.

This will not cost you alot of $ and will annoy the bad sister so, that she will most likely object to your being appointed Executrix, and then produce the will in question.

At that point if there isa problem with her and her actioins you can get an attty. to represent your inttereests.

Good luck.

P.S.
Google Probate Process in GA and get the info needed to do so.

curb1

Your sister is not the "executrix" until she is assigned that position by the probate court. She does not have the authority that she thinks she has. Is there any value in the estate? Is it worth going through probate? Any real estate etc.?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">