• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling home in Estate's Name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Txred

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

When me father's estate was probated the title was put over into the estates name. I was told there is no way to get the title put into my and my brother's name now( we are the heirs). I am the executrix of the estate so when i sell the house i will have to sign the paperwork. What are the tax implications for when the house is sold? It's only worth 35,000. Do my brother and I put the selling of the home on our taxes? Will the estate have to be reopened to file taxes on it since the estate's final account has already been filed? Do I need a real estate attorney?Any information would be helpful!
.....P.S. The attorneys whom did the probate are distant relatives whom I do not have a relationship with. They made my father's will and handled the probate and just sent me paperwork through the mail. They were very unhelpful and I refuse to call them that is why I 'm asking for advise here so any advice BESIDES CALLING THE ATTORNEY WHO HANDLED IT is helpful.

FlyingRon

You were told wrong, I would suspect.

You should be able to do this without any tax liability on the estate's part unless Dad had assets over a million. There shouldn't be any tax liability to you either.

anteater

Not only were the attorneys "unhelpful." They were/are idiots. Who the bleep changes title to the estate during probate?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">