• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling a vehicle in deceased husbands name?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Torakki

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca. I'm helping my former neighbor sell a truck that was her husbands that passed from cancer about 2 months ago. The truck is in her husbands name only. What does she have to do to sell it? Transfer title to her, showing death certificate to DMV? Thanks for any advice...

Torakki

I think I may have found the answer in the site you sent. Didn't realize, DMV would have this much detail online.
Thank You!

CdwJava

We had to address this issue both with my parents and my wife's parents when a spouse passed, and then again when my mother-in-law passed and we had to take possession of her vehicle and it was not specifically addressed in the will. It can be a little time-consuming, but it really was not that difficult. Just don't expect to sell it next week.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">