• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

settling estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bettmidler

New York State:
As co=administrator of brothers estate i was not shown the latest accounting of his estate and yet other admiinstrator sent papers into court to have closure. How can this be done without my knowledge?there is additional monies owed to others that have not as yet been paid, now what. Will other administrator be able wo withdraw from bank account without my signature, at time now, 2 signatures are needed to pay bills etc. HELP Bette

A

advisor10

3-14-2002

DEAR FEJM:

Do you have an attorney whom you could consult for advice? Are you attending the probate court hearings where the financial information has been submitted? You need an attorney's advice on how to inform the probate court of your objections to the irregularities. It will be very difficult for the other administrator to draw money out of the account without your co-signature, unless there is something in the final court documents that changes the situation.

SINCERELY,

advisor

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">