• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sharing Deposition in Probate Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? MO

I have an odd question, and the folks on this board have been extremely helpful in the past (Thank you, Senor Judge). When probate was opened in my FIL's estate, the Executor had a great deal of difficulty in trying to gather the estate assets. the Stepmonster became so difficult that our attorney had to compel her to give a deposition. Of course, all of the heirs received a copy of the deposition. My question is: IS the Deposition be considered a matter of public record? What I would like to is to distributer some of the more interesting points to some people who victimized by the stepmoster, but not directly part of the probate issue. Things like: she avoided paying creditors previously, failed to pay Social Security on employees**************....
And yes, the deceased's family is very bitter. The stepmonster managed to co-mingle all of the property, so the children can not even get the home movies from the FIL's first marriage.

Thanks, I always get great help here.

tranquility

While the deposition is a public record once it is used in court, there are some copyright problems with the format and other uses. There are some IP issues with your proposal and I'd find a way to say things in a different format.

Deposition

Thanks for the advice. I am not clear as to what the term "IP ISSUES" means, so I would appreciate some clairification. Also, thematter has not yet come to trial, the deposition was taken trying to find some missing assets from an estate. It does contain some very embarssing information for the woman who stole a LOT of assets from the estate while her lawyer wrote us to ask us to allow his client to grieve. She was taking as much as she could fit in her PWT relative's various pick up trucks.

Thanks!

Dandy Don

It will most likely become public record AFTER it goes to trial. But think twice about distributing it to other people because it could subject you to being sued and therefore would serve no practical purpose. Consult with an attorney who can help you achieve what you want to achieve without attempting to damage further someone else's reputation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">