• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should i contest my fathers will?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ern1963

my father passed away 2 months ago. i have only just recieved a copy of the will of which he said he left me and my sister nothing because of the hard feelings that went with the divorce of my mother and our feelings toward his new wife. the will was written in 1987 when we did not have a relationship but in 1989 we reconciled and have had a relationship ever since. he also has two grandchildren who were not born when will was written and who he adored. should i contest will? i feel that his wife had alot of influence over him as does many in the family any help would be appreciated!we live in new york state.

[This message has been edited by ern1963 (edited November 01, 2000).]

ALawyer

Will challanges are almost always losers.

Here it would seem the Will was made at a time he was free of improper influences, and justifiably ticked off at you.

It could not be challanged on the basis that he should have changed his Will after the reconcilliation. But are you sure there was not a later Will, or a revocation of the earlier one?

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">