• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signing as a successor on a trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Moose67

What is the name of your state?Florida

My mother recently relocated to Florida with my sister. She had a will drawn up in Kentucky prior to moving. Now, she has also had an attorney in Florida draft a 20 page trust. I was sent the last page to sign as an alternate successor. However, I feel uncomfortable signing a document I haven't even seen. Before I agree to "administer in the terms set forth," I would like to know what the terms are. Is this a valid request? I have concern whether the attorney is acting in an ethical manner by not letting me see the entire document.

Please advise.

S

seniorjudge

Moose67 said:
What is the name of your state?Florida

My mother recently relocated to Florida with my sister. She had a will drawn up in Kentucky prior to moving. Now, she has also had an attorney in Florida draft a 20 page trust. I was sent the last page to sign as an alternate successor. However, I feel uncomfortable signing a document I haven't even seen. Before I agree to "administer in the terms set forth," I would like to know what the terms are. Is this a valid request? I have concern whether the attorney is acting in an ethical manner by not letting me see the entire document.

Please advise.
Q: Is this a valid request?

A: Yes.

Q: I have concern whether the attorney is acting in an ethical manner by not letting me see the entire document.

A: This lawyer sounds exceptionally suspicious. Contact these folks to file a complaint:

http://www.flabar.org/tfb/TFBLawReg.nsf/E0F40AF2C23904C785256709006A3713/691CC41E2886B8E785256B2F006CD7AD?OpenDocument

Dandy Don

You don't have reason to be concerned. The only reason you would need to see the document now is if you were primary trustee. You will only serve if something happens to the primary trustee. If something does happen, you can review the trust at that time and decide whether you wish to serve or decline. Just be glad that you are probably a beneficiary and all you need to do is sit back and wait to receive a check when the trust is activated after death.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">