• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sisters buy mother's house for 1 dollar

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mongo422

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Father dies in Sept 1998. Daughters have mother sign over assets to them (house) for $1.00 in 2-99. Mother is put into nursing home in 7-03 and starts to draw medicaid payments for nursing care because Mother shows no assets. Daughters sell house for $155,000 in 8-04. Mother dies in 2-05. Last will and testiment says this was all my mothers doing. I get nothing. How can I protest this? Can I protest that my mother was not of sound mind?
What about gift tax. Should gift tax been paid on this?

Last edited:

JETX

mongo422 said:
How can I protest this?
You can contact a local probate attorney who can review the full facts of this matter and see if you have a valid claim.

Can I protest that my mother was not of sound mind?
You can protest anything you want.... whether it would be successful or not depends largely on a full review of the facts.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">