• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

So I spent $3000 to find out absolutely NOTHING

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MillionaireLost

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I hired an attorney (had pre-paid legal send a demand ltr before...) who sent a new, fresh demand letter and spoke to the executor's attorney (mother is the keeper of the documents, guess she's the executor). After going through all of my attorneys time/money purchased, she still refuses to admit any trust exists. Or if any of my siblings were the beneficiary of a trust.

I called one of my cousins and that person did admit that atleast one payment had been made to beneficiarys (cousin being one, I don't know which other cousin was paid). One of them is my age and the other two are older.

After spending the entire $3000 retainer, my attorney was kind enough to give me a list of attorneys that would take her/her attorney to court. (He omitted the fact that he doesn't take will/trusts cases to court after spending the entire retainer). I was not smart enough to ask him this beforehand.

Should I hire an attorney to take this to court?
Or can I do things on my own? (Such as see other trust cases and file one using the same template)

I did find out M&T bank is the 'owner of the trust financially'. They sent me a certified letter stating that I was not in the will or trust. (I know otherwise because I had seen the actual will/trust. And I still have a copy of them!)

I could upload the M&T Bank letter with my name removed if anyone would find that helpful.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I hired an attorney (had pre-paid legal send a demand ltr before...) who sent a new, fresh demand letter and spoke to the trustee's attorney (mother is the keeper of the documents, guess she's the trustee). After going through all of my attorneys time/money purchased, she still refuses to admit any trust exists. Or if any of my siblings were the beneficiary of a trust.

I called one of my cousins and they did admit they had been paid by her. One of them is my age and the other two are older.

My attorney was kind enough to give me a list of attorneys that would take her/her attorney to court (he omitted the fact that he doesn't take will/trusts cases to court after spending nearly the entire $3k retainer).

Should I hire an attorney to sue?
Or can I do things on my own? (Such as see other trust cases and file one using the same template)

I did find out M&T bank is the owner of the trust papers. They sent me a certified letter stating that I was not in the will or trust. (I know otherwise because I had seen the actual will/trust. And I still have a copy of them!)
I have not read your other thread.

I suspect that a NEW trust was created. You were already notified that you are not a beneficiary in the trust. I suspect that your money is going to be wasted if you pursue this further.

justalayman

so, were you (per the documents you have) in the will or the trust or both. They are two separate issues.

Was grandfathers estate presented for probate? If there was much of any money that did not transfer to a trust, there should have been a probate action. You can go to the court it was dealt with and get a copy of the file to see the will that was presented. If yours is more recent or you believe the will presented was fraudulent, you can deal with that.

as to being a bene of a trust: was more than one trust created? Was the trust created before his death or after?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">