• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Step from previous, is taking everything!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jacki64

What is the name of your state? I live in Maryland. My dad was married 2 times. My brother and I are from the 1st, there are 3 others from 2nd. My mom is still alive, but my fathers 2nd wife died. About a year ago, my step brother (2nd mar.), kind of forced my father, whose health was getting worse, sign over the bar , that was going to all 3 of the "steps" in the will, to him. The first signature was forged on the document and then signed again by my dad. He, then started to take over everything else, also. Now they say he has no chance of making it. The first thing is, can any of that be contested and do we all have the right to do so? Part 2 is my dad gave my brother and myself proprty that we have already built on, over 3 years ago, well can that be contested ny the other brothers, if things got down and dirty? Does my mother, his 1st wife have any rights, he had owed her alot of back child support. What can we do about the step brother who is forcing his way to everything now as we speak? He also has a grand daughter, who needs looking out for, actually, more so then any of them. Can you please give me some direction to go before it gets out of hand? Thank you, Jacki

ALawyer

The first step is to see a lawyer RIGHT AWAY.

If there were completed gifts, duly recorded, that were made when your father was of sound mind and free of the level of "UNDUE INFLUENCE" needed to set aside transfers, the holder of the property will prevail. But when I say "completed gifts" that is a legal term, and there are still several legal "IFS".

IN ANY EVENT, the documents have to be reviewed by a professional. As for wife #1s rights to back child support, it often depends on the duration the money was owed and will take a lawyer to tell you her rights, if any.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">