• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stepmother gets greedy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Solnishko

What is the name of your state? Texas

My father died in March 2006 and we were told by him before he died that he had set up a Living Trust in 2000 in his current wife's name with everything going to her. He stated that she would treat us children fairly, which, of course, she did not. I have done some research online of the public records where the trust was filed and found reference to a will being probated in January 2007. Myself and my siblings were acknowledged in his obituary as his children. Since his death she has taken everything of value (liqidating evertything) leaving his three siblings with only some clothes and minor jewelry. I have two questions: One, would a probate need to be done if there was a Living Trust? Two, do we have any recourse at this point?

j

lwpat

You need to get a copy of the file from the probate court. Then take the file to an attorney for a consultation. No one can tell you anything wihtout looking at the file.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">