• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stepmother not respecting grandmother's Will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rachie0903

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

My grandfather who passed away years ago, left his assetts to his wife. They sued some asbestos companies through his years, which takes a long time to settle. Well my grandmother has passed away her will states that in the event that she dies, the assets remaining in the trust at that time shall be distributed by the trustee to the members of the second beneficiary in equal shares. Well my father, who has passed was the beneficiary. But her will also states that if he dies, the share shall be distributed among his biological children. No where on the will does it say anything about his wife, who just recently filed my father's will with the court due to a $16,000 asbestos settlement check that came in. So now she's saying the money is hers. Is this correct? Can we fight this?

Thank you
:confused::mad:

I'mTheFather

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

My grandfather who passed away years ago, left his assetts to his wife. They sued some asbestos companies through his years, which takes a long time to settle. Well my grandmother has passed away her will states that in the event that she dies, the assets remaining in the trust at that time shall be distributed by the trustee to the members of the second beneficiary in equal shares. Well my father, who has passed was the beneficiary. But her will also states that if he dies, the share shall be distributed among his biological children. No where on the will does it say anything about his wife, who just recently filed my father's will with the court due to a $16,000 asbestos settlement check that came in. So now she's saying the money is hers. Is this correct? Can we fight this?

Thank you
:confused::mad:
When did your grandmother pass, when did your father pass, and when did the check come in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">