• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stocks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cti123

What is the name of your state? Michigan,my mother is 95 yrs old my sister and i have had all three names on several stocks for several years, and my mother wants us to devide up the stock btw my sister and me. how do we go about removing my mothers name from the stocks due to the fact she can't leave the house due to her health?she is afraid that if she gets worst she may have to go into a nursing home and doesn't want them to get the stocks that we have all had for several years (about 26 yrs)

tranquility

You should check with an eldercare attorney. Your mother will not be able to give away assets and then enter a home and expect to have medicare/medicaid pay for it. There is a look back period where the paying entity looks back to see any events like this in order to collect from the new holders of the asset.

You may be able to do something(But, probably not on the stock issue.), but it would be technical and requires the help of a knowledgable person who has access to all the facts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">