• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stolen certificate od deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tandeneal

When I was 6 my Father passed away. He left my sister and I a CD (certificate of Deposit). We weren't aloud to have the money untill we both turned 18. My Grandfather had custody of my sister and my Uncle had custody of me. When my sisiter turned 18 my grandfather gave her her money. When I turned 18, one year and 11 months later, my uncle kept my money. He spent it all ($6,000). Im 27 now and I have 7 year old twins and really need that money!!!!!! What can I do??? And just to add I dont have any paperwork so I wanted to ask how might I obtain paperwork??

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm sorry, but this site is for US law only.

When I was 6 my Father passed away. He left my sister and I a CD (certificate of Deposit). We weren't aloud to have the money untill we both turned 18. My Grandfather had custody of my sister and my Uncle had custody of me. When my sisiter turned 18 my grandfather gave her her money. When I turned 18, one year and 11 months later, my uncle kept my money. He spent it all ($6,000). Im 27 now and I have 7 year old twins and really need that money!!!!!! What can I do??? And just to add I dont have any paperwork so I wanted to ask how might I obtain paperwork??

Antigone*

Not much you will be able to do 9 years later. As far as paperwork is concerned if the bank account was closed when you turned 18, the bank does not even have that information available to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">