• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

successor executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

davagoon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Hello....I have a Will in Connecticut, with my wife as executor. Her sister is successor executor, but she lives out of state. Does that comply with Connecticut law regarding Wills? Thankyou.

Dandy Don

Yes, it complies. She would only serve if your wife didn't want to. So, does your wife want to and have you informed your wife about this?

davagoon

My wife is the executor.But if we both died together her sister would become executor of my Will. I've read that in some states that could be problematic.But you apparently think Connecticut is not one of them.Correct? Thankyou.

Dandy Don

Problematic how?

Name who you want to be executor in your own will. There are going to be separately probated estates anyway, yours and your wife's if you should die together.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">