• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tax sale coming close

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Trucky

i'm from n.y. and my father in law passed away many years ago, leaving a will to his girl friend although he wasn't devorced from my mother in law. somehow or other when my mother in law passed away,without a will, and i'm not sure how all this came about, everything reverted back to the will of my f-l giving everything to the 3 siblings. she has been gone several years now too. anyway, my b-l lives on the property and claims it as his but my husband paid the taxes until 5 yrs ago when he got sick and couldn't pay anymore. sence that time no taxes have been paid. it will go up for tax sale in sept. unless we pay them. nothing has ever been settled because brother in law refuses. husband wants the property and will give his brother life use but our problem is how can we get it. the will was filed but nothing has happened sence mother in law passed.

A

advisor10

MAY 31 2001

DEAR TRUCKY:

Your situation is so complex and unique that you need to speak with a local probate attorney about it (and also about the statute of limitations), instead of hoping in vain that a New York attorney might see your question on this website.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">