• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terminally ill but alert and competent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

caregiverpa

my friend who i live with and have legal residence (landlord tenant agreement, in lehigh county,Pennsylvania)has terminal illness, i have been his caretaker , going to doctor , tratments and such. During his stay at the hospital he had his lawyer assign power of attorney to friends from his church, my friend was under stress and medication at this time. Since then he has been transferd to hospice center within the hospital. He is alert and capable of making his own decisions as noted on the nursing reports. Is the persons who have power of attorney allowed to make moves such as not allowing certain people to visit with him due to their discretion, or claim to be able to make decisions for this man if he is still capable on his own, and also coming into the home we share with a tape recorder and rummaging thru his personal things. I dont think the best intrest of my friend is at heart, I think he was unduely influence, i would like some knowlegde and or options thanks

ALawyer

Proving undue influence is difficult, particularly if a lawyer helped him prepare it.

BUT if he is still menatlly competent he has the power to REVOKE the power of attorney he granted and issue a NEW ONE naming you or others as his attorneys in fact.

ALawyer

Proving undue influence is difficult, particularly if a lawyer helped him prepare it.

BUT if he is still mentally competent he has the power to REVOKE the power of attorney he granted and issue a NEW ONE naming you or others as his attorneys in fact.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">