• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminate Irrevocable Inter Vivos Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MBTrust

in california, i am the trustee of an irrevocable inter vivos trust. the trustor is now deceased and i need to terminate the trust. the sole asset in the trust is a residential property. how do i terminate the trust and transfer title of the property as laid out in the trust?
thank you.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MBTrust said:
in california, i am the trustee of an irrevocable inter vivos trust. the trustor is now deceased and i need to terminate the trust. the sole asset in the trust is a residential property. how do i terminate the trust and transfer title of the property as laid out in the trust?
thank you.

My response:

You file a Petition to Terminate Trust with the Probate court, under Probate Code section 17200, with particularity to subsections (4) and (13). Then, the court determines who should receive the property and orders title to vest in that person's name. Then the court determines your fee, and then terminates the Trust.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">