• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas-Credit Use after Death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thecedar

My father passed away 2 years ago, with no will. My father controlled all money. At the funeral, the step-mother, charged part of the cost on my father's credit card. Is there anyway to notify to credit bureau that my father is deceased? I am afraid the step-mother is running up credit on cards that have my fathers name on them. What can I do to protect my fathers name?

A

advisor10

JULY 12, 2001

DEARTHECEDAR:

Thank you for caring enough about this serious situation to do something about it! If you know the name of the credit card company, you should contact them by phone or by mail (be sure to include the deceased person's full name, and their date of birth and date of death and their last known residential address). They will appreciate your reporting of that information.

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">