• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Timeline for Trust Disclosure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

my4kids

What is the name of your state? California

Is there a timeline in which someone is to be notified if they are a beneficiary of in a trust??? If so, what is that timeline??? 60 days???

There is no will in this instance. Just a trust and a flo-over trust...

Dandy Don

There is no such timeline. What type of trust is it?

Trust is normally activated soon after the death of the decedent, but it may take a month or more to manage the affairs of it depending on how complex the financial assets are.

Do you know for sure whether you are a beneficiary or is that what you want to find out? Send a certified letter to the trustee asking for a copy of the trust, which is your right if you are a beneficiary.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

my4kids

Dandy Don said:
There is no such timeline. What type of trust is it?

Trust is normally activated soon after the death of the decedent, but it may take a month or more to manage the affairs of it depending on how complex the financial assets are.

Do you know for sure whether you are a beneficiary or is that what you want to find out? Send a certified letter to the trustee asking for a copy of the trust, which is your right if you are a beneficiary.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Revocable Living Trust

My husband's mother keeps saying that Auntie was "very generous" to my husband so my husband asked his mother "okay, let me see a copy of the trust and what does generous look like." And my husband's mother refuses to give him a copy for some reason. I personally think she's trying to do some funny business.

Auntie has been dead since the beginning of October 2005. We have a meeting with our attorney next week to start our own estate planning and are interested to know what was left to my husband so that we can include whatever it is as part of our estate or not...

Question...If my husband was left xy account, is it reasonable for us to ask for statements of that account going back several months to see if any money was taken out of it to make my husbands portion less????

Dandy Don

No it is not reasonable to ask for that. Husband is entitled to only what is in the account after death.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">