• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

title change on truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

phil9699

stubborn son

louisiana

my husband died 4 months ago and we did not have a will. we bought a truck 3 years ago and he was the co-signer on the truck that we purchased, anyway i wanted to give the truck to my youngest son because that is what my husband would have wanted. but the dmv said that i had to have an affidavit of heirship signed by my sons, all but 1 have signed the affidavit, he doesn't want his brother to have the truck, he feels he has a share and wants his share -- is there any way to get around him not signing the paper since i have the other six signatures or will he have to be compensated in some way. even if i sell the truck will i have to give my sons some money i know the one i am talking about would still feel he deserves something.
please help me
thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">