• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Too young to recieve money in grandmothers will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gabe3

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? florida

So when my grandmother died, I was 11. in her will she left X amount of money for each grandchild. since I was too young to recieve the money, I assume it went to her daughter(being my mother). I'm now over 18, so how do I receive that money, is my mom required by law to give it to me if she still has it or what?

thanks.

anteater

What did your mother say when you asked her?

You can check with the probate court (the Circuit Court handles probate in FL, if I remember correctly) in the county in which grandmother resided to inquire about getting a copy of the probate case file. That should indicate what became of the bequest to you.

justalayman

in her will she left X amount of money for each grandchild.
that is a very loose statement. Did she leave cash, bonds, is the money in a trust? any idea?

then, you need to see if it was left with some other party for you. That could have been your mom but it could be just about anybody.

you need to get some facts, then try to figure out what you may or may not be able to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">