• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trans of property !! need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deanhamilton

thanks of all peole who read it so carefully and special thanks to one who replied it.
Thanks for confirming my belief that i would have to go down to the recoder's offoce with the
death certificate of my father and then revorder's office should change the name on the records
as the property is registered to my mother's name and she will get the taxes only in her name.

however, my followup question is:
i want to change from my parents name only to my mother's name- for now, only; on the deed
and the title of the property.

the mortage is paid off

can this be done without a a lawyer?

i would greatly appreciate if you can help me on this!! what is the proper procedure?

thanks

ALawyer

As we said earlier, go down to the recorder's office and the recorder will explain the process to you. It differs from county to county.

You can't change the deed -- that's history -- but the recorder will change title, and I doubt the recorder will insist on having you get a lawyer, unless s/he is of the opinion you are clueless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">