• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transfer future settement monies to specific person

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

janetbracero

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I would like to know if there is a way that I can, prior to settlement and fund disbursment, name two of my four children as benificiaries/recipients to recieve any monies that are settled for? I ask this because I may be deceased before my case settles and I would like to have any settlement monies to go directly to two of my children and thus avoid probate and perhaps taxes.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I would like to know if there is a way that I can, prior to settlement and fund disbursment, name two of my four children as benificiaries/recipients to recieve any monies that are settled for? I ask this because I may be deceased before my case settles and I would like to have any settlement monies to go directly to two of my children and thus avoid probate and perhaps taxes.
You would have to ask your attorney whether or not that would be possible in the context of your case. While that might avoid probate, it would not avoid taxes on whatever portion of the settlement that might be taxable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">