• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transfer ownership of House to Children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

madronagirl

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington

I am a cancer patient and I own my home. I want to transfer ownership to my two sons, age 22 and 25. What is the quickest way to do this without filing a will? I am considering remarriage to my ex-husband but I want to be sure my son's will have the family home which belongs to me. I do plan to have a will done but need to get the house matter settled prior to my ex moving in with me. I am aware of my state's laws regarding community property, retirement accounts, bank accounts etc. and have no problem with the ex being beneficiary for some of those things but I want the house to go to my sons so I thought it would be best to transfer ownership prior to remarriage. Appreciate advice on this matter. Thank you.

BlondiePB

madronagirl said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington

I am a cancer patient and I own my home. I want to transfer ownership to my two sons, age 22 and 25. What is the quickest way to do this without filing a will? I am considering remarriage to my ex-husband but I want to be sure my son's will have the family home which belongs to me. I do plan to have a will done but need to get the house matter settled prior to my ex moving in with me. I am aware of my state's laws regarding community property, retirement accounts, bank accounts etc. and have no problem with the ex being beneficiary for some of those things but I want the house to go to my sons so I thought it would be best to transfer ownership prior to remarriage. Appreciate advice on this matter. Thank you.
See an estate attorney ASAP to ensure all your assests will go to who you want them too. Prior to marrying, have an attorney make you prenuptial agreement.

S

seniorjudge

madronagirl said:

And while you are at that attorney's office, ask the lawyer to make up a deed transferring the real estate to your kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">