• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

transfering trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shoshona

What is the name of your state? CA. My aunt and uncle had both left funds for me as well as others. in a living trust. The only requirement is that we outlive them which we have now done. At this point the trustee is awaiting some kind of approval from the court before releasing the money. This is being done in the state of MS. My problem is that I've been given very little time to live and would like these funds transferred to my Temple. Is this possable to do while I am still living? I don't have family and don't want to spend what I have left on legal bills. I just would like to see this matter resolved before my own death.
Thank you for your time.

Dandy Don

Has the trustee mentioned an approximate date when the funds might be available?

Do you want access to the money yourself while you are still alive or do you merely want your temple to have these funds as a gift?

If you want to give this money as a gift to your temple, then make sure you have a will prepared (costing a few hundred dollars) that designates your wishes. If you want access to the money yourself, then apply for a loan from a bank or credit union and have the trustee provide you with a letter (to serve as collateral) that confirms you are a trust beneficiary who will eventually be receiving exactly what amount of monies from the trust pending court approval.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">