• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transferring mineral rights in Oklahoma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

free

The surface property belongs to someone else. He only had the mineral rights.

I need to get my hands on the will itself. I am going on info provided by her and I'm sure there is a lot lost in translation. As far as I know, the rights are mentioned with all other items to be divided among the heirs.

Since all assets of my f-i-l and m-i-l are in a trust, I assumed anything he received via the will would be included there as it was where he placed the other monies inherited.

justalayman

While it may be possible to be included in the trust, that will depend on how their other assets were put into the trust. Then, once it is in the trust, his probatable estate means nothing as far as the mineral rights.

Are you a beneficiary of the trust or a remainder beneficiary? The more you post the more it appears you are lacking enough information to give much of any direction.

So, you need to gather:

Uncles probate file and will if for some reason not included in the file
FIL's probate file, will, and any trust documents

That is a start. I'm sure there will be more. Then take all of that to an attorney that works in estate law and give them the info and a bunch of money and let them figure out what's what and what you need to do, or if you can do, what you want to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">