• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trouble with husbands adult children

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cena

From Ohio. My husband and I were married 12 1/2 years. He made me sign a preneptual agreement. It states that he or I can give each other any gifts, property etc. during the marriage. I had a blank check he signed and gave to me; when he died I dated it 14 days before he died and cashed it the morning after he died. His adult children are threatening me..that I can be charged with a felony for taking money from his estate. I can't get any of his pension or hospitalization because he never signed me on it. In his will he left me the house which was in a survivorship deed to me and our joint checking account. The check was for several thousand dollars. He had a lot of accounts that he had in his own name, that I know nothing about so there is still plenty of money for his kids. They are all well off and I am on Social Security and work part-time for $7.00 per hour. I don't care about having lots of money; I just want to be able to live and pay my normal expenses. Do you think they can make me give the money back or send me to jail????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">