• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trust for children involving property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bammian

What is the name of your state? ALABAMA My father in law will put the proceeds from the sale of his home into a trust for my children. When he dies will we have to put the house up for sale right away or will my wife and I not have any say at all about the property?

BelizeBreeze

bammian said:
What is the name of your state? ALABAMA My father in law will put the proceeds from the sale of his home into a trust for my children. When he dies will we have to put the house up for sale right away or will my wife and I not have any say at all about the property?
FIrst of all go back and re-read your post. You are not making sense. If your father-in-law is putting the proceeds from the sale of his home into a trust what is there left of the house to sell?

bammian

If My Father In Law Wants The Proceeds From The Sale Of His Home To Go Into A Trust For My Children, Who Will Handle That Upon His Death?

BelizeBreeze

bammian said:
If My Father In Law Wants The Proceeds From The Sale Of His Home To Go Into A Trust For My Children, Who Will Handle That Upon His Death?
And you missed the point entirely. Is your father-in-law planning to sell the house now or force the sale upon his death?

BelizeBreeze

FINALLY!!!!!!

O.K. your father can direct the executor of his estate, by testation, to direct the funds from the sale of his home to a trust for the children. You or your wife or the executor or the man in the moon cannot convert the asset to personal use.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">