• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trust fund?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stevek71

What is the name of your state? fla. Just a couple of quick questions.First a short timeline ,3 weeks ago my grandmother died/me and my 3 brothers were told by my mother that all her assets were in a "trust fund"/we have yet to hear from a lawyer or see a copy of the will /her will was redrawn 2 months ago by one of my mothers friends/today my brother recieved a personal check from my mother /we were told half the house was to be split between me and my brother and half the bank account and life insur. etc./this all seems a little fishy to me that we didnt have to see an attorney or recieve a copy of the will/i dont want to confront my mother about this until i have a few facts/ so anyone with a little advice would be greatly appreciated

BlondiePB

stevek71 said:
What is the name of your state? fla. Just a couple of quick questions.First a short timeline ,3 weeks ago my grandmother died/me and my 3 brothers were told by my mother that all her assets were in a "trust fund"/we have yet to hear from a lawyer or see a copy of the will /her will was redrawn 2 months ago by one of my mothers friends/today my brother recieved a personal check from my mother /we were told half the house was to be split between me and my brother and half the bank account and life insur. etc./this all seems a little fishy to me that we didnt have to see an attorney or recieve a copy of the will/i dont want to confront my mother about this until i have a few facts/ so anyone with a little advice would be greatly appreciated
Wills are public records. Not all trusts have to be recorded with the court. Beneficiaries of trusts are entitled to a copy of the trust and an annual accounting from the trustee. Hire an attorney to have a letter sent to the trustee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">