• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trust fund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

soilent_green

My grandfather died in 1979 and he owned alot of land. I was told the grandchildren had money in trust, but my father won't tell me anything about it. He says "don't worry about it". Well, how do I find out what happened to all the land and money??

A

advisor10

11-26-2001

DEAR SOYLENT:

Do a little bit of research on your own. If you know the month and year and the city where your grandfather died, then visit the county courthouse for that city and look at his probate file. There should be some financial information in there about his will and also mentioned will probably be the land and the trust information.

Try not to let your father know that you did this research. But he is doing you a disservice by not giving you any information. At the very least, he should tell you if you are entitled to receive anything and at least the basic information about what you will receive and who to contact (the name of the bank that is handling the trust and the name of the trustee who is managing it) about it. You should mention to him "What happens if you die and I don't know how to go about getting this information?"

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">