• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Trust Fund that benefits Nobody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas/Others

Hi guys I have an issue with a trust fund. I, along with several other family members are beneficiaries of my grandparent's trust fund. The fund contains a good amount of money.

I have recently suffered some financial hardship, facing some loan defaults and some other health related expenses and I need to gain access to that money.

The trustees claim that the fund is only for emergencies, and will not disperse any money from it despite the fact that I need it for health related costs.

I want my money. Is this even legal? Is there a way I could dissolve the fund and cease dealing with the trustees of the fund and collect my money?

anteater

What does the trust document say about disbursements?

If you believe that the trustees are not complying with the trust provisions, your remedy is the courts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">