• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trust Inheritance Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kragle23

What is the name of your state? TX

My great-grandfather recently passed away, leaving his estate with 9 great-grandchildren. Everything was sold at public aution and combine with monitery assets. Each person is entitled to quite a bit of money, however he has put in a 30-year old clause that won't allow any of us to get the money until we are 30. For me, that is only a few years off, but for my other family members, that is 10 or more. Curious to know if there is any options available to us to get the money out now?

BlondiePB

kragle23 said:
What is the name of your state? TX

My great-grandfather recently passed away, leaving his estate with 9 great-grandchildren. Everything was sold at public aution and combine with monitery assets. Each person is entitled to quite a bit of money, however he has put in a 30-year old clause that won't allow any of us to get the money until we are 30. For me, that is only a few years off, but for my other family members, that is 10 or more. Curious to know if there is any options available to us to get the money out now?
I may be sorry that I asked, but why do you all want to get the money out of the trust now?

BlondiePB

kragle23 said:
I don't know if we all want it, just want to know if that option is available...
The option of not knowing if you all want it is not an option that is available.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">