• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trust Successor in MI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wonda

michigan. i am the trust successor for my mom's trust. the trust is to be divided quarterly between my three brothers and me. do i have the power to decide how much for what we should charge? (i.e. cars, home, assets in general.) once the decision has been made regarding such items, is it possible for anyone (of the recipients,) to dispute the amount(s) charged?

L

loku

I assume when you say you are the “trust successor” that means you are the trustee. If that is the case, you have the responsibility for selling the assets and distributing them. However, if you do not use good business standards in the sale, you could be liable to the estate for a breach of your duty as a trustee. For example, if you sell an asset for significantly less than market value, your brothers could dispute that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">